Monday, January 21, 2013

BOOK NOOK & JAVA SHOP - Glass Mosaic Mural


 The Book Nook & Java Shop -

Best Cellars Wine Bar

  Located in Montague Michigan -

 are the proud owners of 

my latest Glass Mosaic


This mosaic was inspired by the new look and renovation 
including a wine bar and a stage. My design I dreamed up this winter when discussing the plans with the Interior Designer-
Mary Payne of Mary Payne Interiors, Montague Michigan
The glass was carefully selected to give it the full beauty it deserves. The sky was inspired by Van Gogh's Starry Night 
"I've always wanted to create that painting in glass"
The mosaic took many many hours to create with hundreds of tiny pieces of glass. Every single one carefully cut by hand
The mosaic was built in my studio on mosaic mesh then transported in pieces to the site installed then grouted to finish it off.